”We need people with papers to help open the border, not just give blankets”
(Message from the camp)
If you have donations please contact http://www.yorkshireaid.org/west-yorkshire-network/
Humanitarian actions are not enough! Please read these articles before you think about going to Calais:
This is Maya she is on the ground in Calais and has been for a while . Listen to what she has to say and let’s make this go viral so the world knows!
- Calais Migrant Solidarity -not a charity or organisation to volunteer with- people are welcome to get involved 🙂 eg. supporting protests, police monitoring, know your rights workshops. Read more here
00 33 75 30 30 410
TAKING DONATIONS /DISTRIBUTING DONATIONS
Contact an association below before you go as space is an issue & distributing in the camp is chaotic!
VOLUNTEERING IN THE CAMP -contact in advance
- L’Auberge Des Migrants (distributes food on Tuesdays and Saturday…and other services all week long)
00 33 6 78 02 05 32
- Calais Ouverture et Humanité
Fabienne (Please contact for material donations)
00 33 6 73 28 99 65 email@example.com
- Ecole Laïque du Chemin des Dunes (The “Jungle’s School”)
- Médecins du Monde (Doctors of the World) – Calais
Centre de santé
Place de l’Europe
Tél. : 0033 (0)6 50 37 77 03
migrants.ndpc [at] medecinsdumonde.net
- Secours Catholique Calais (distributes shoes every Monday afternoon and clothes every 3 weeks on Saturdays)
Call Pascal if you are not coming on a Wednesday or Monday afternoon
0033 679 57 34 50
00 33 3 21 15 10 20
2, rue de Croy = 62100 – Calais
open every Monday and Wenesday 2 to 5PM.
Drop offs can be made at other times by prior arrangements if you have a lot.