International students

Many international students face hassle from the Home Office regarding their visa.

It’s important to act as soon as possible if you receive a letter from the Home Office (eg. visa extension refusal letter)


Try contacting:

– your course tutor

-the relevant elected student officer (welfare/academic) at your student union

– your student union advice centre

– your  university student support services

National Union of Students – international student officer

– UK Council for International Student Affairs Inside the UK: 0207788 9214 Monday to Friday, 1300 – 1600 hours

Your MP

– If you need a solicitor, ALWAYS check to see if your student union or citizens advice has a list of recommended ones. It can be a very costly mistake to go with someone you don’t know.

– If you are facing financial problems, your university or student union might have a hardship fund you can access.

Current campaigns

NUS campaign



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

No One is Illegal

%d bloggers like this: