Many international students face hassle from the Home Office regarding their visa.
It’s important to act as soon as possible if you receive a letter from the Home Office (eg. visa extension refusal letter)
– your course tutor
-the relevant elected student officer (welfare/academic) at your student union
– your student union advice centre
– your university student support services
– UK Council for International Student Affairs Inside the UK: 0207788 9214 Monday to Friday, 1300 – 1600 hours
– Your MP
– If you need a solicitor, ALWAYS check to see if your student union or citizens advice has a list of recommended ones. It can be a very costly mistake to go with someone you don’t know.
– If you are facing financial problems, your university or student union might have a hardship fund you can access.